The Chamber Of Commerce
A brief history
The Falkland Islands Chamber of Commerce evolved to promote and represent the interests of the private sector in the Falkland Islands and overseas.
The role of the Falkland Islands Chamber of Commerce is to provide local business with a collective voice particularly when dealing with local Government or quasi-Government bodies.
The Falkland Islands Chamber of Commerce has a well established relationship with the Falkland Islands Development Corporation and the Falkland Islands Government. The Chamber of Commerce is kept up to date with current issues by way of briefing, receipt of minutes and notification of meetings. The Chamber of Commerce acts as a conscience for Governmental departments expressing alternative views and opinions which would otherwise not be heard.
As a member we would like to know what you think on all issues which affect your business. We want you to have a voice.
Whether you have an established business or newly started enterprise in the Falklands or are seeking to do business here, let us assist you in meeting the right people and obtaining the information you need to develop your business into the future.
Your membership entitles you to services such as:
- Subscription to the Chamber Bulletin.
- Free advertising in the Chamber Bulletin.
- Proactive involvement for the private sector both here in the Islands and overseas.
- Lobbying FIG where required representing the Business community.
- Free advertising on the Chamber Website.
- Concessionary conference room hire rates.
- Meetings with overseas visitors and dignitaries .
- Chamber member social events throughout the year.
- Meetings with FIG and Legislative Councillors.
- Keeping your business informed on current issues.
- The Chamber can ask questions of FIG and other companies about matters which concern you and your business with complete anonymity guaranteed.
- Chamber of Commerce representatives sit on various FIG committees to represent your interests.
- A say in how the Chamber is run through our annual election of Officers.
Chamber Council Members
Dr Andrea Clausen Managing Director Falkland Islands Tours & Travel Ltd.
Andrea is the MD of Falkland Islands Tours & Travel Ltd, a small but unique local transport and logistics company, specialising in the movement of people and cargo. Andrea purchased FITT Ltd in 2010 and has expanded the main scope of business into oilfield personnel logistics in recent years.
Andrea is also Chair of the Public Accounts Committee, a Director of the Falkland Island Tourist Board and a Trustee of the Stephen Jaffray Memorial Trust, The Community Trust and Messy Church.
Pippa Christie, Commercial Advisor, Premier Oil Exploration and Production Ltd.
Pippa is a Commercial Advisor for Premier Oil based in their Stanley Office.
Prior to this Pippa ran her own consultancy business having worked for 10 years for the Falkland Islands Government in various roles in Public Policy, Major Projects and Mineral Resources.
Pippa is also a school manager at the Infant and Junior School and a member of the Historic Buildings Committee.
Stephen Dent, Managing Director Invenio Falkland Islands Ltd.
Stephen has over 14 years’ experience in the Falkland Islands Civil Service, latterly taking on the role of Director of Major Projects, overseeing port development, localisation and various other projects.
A recent career change has seen Stephen leave the public sector to set up Invenio Falkland Islands, primarily aimed at the development of training and HSE/business consultancy opportunities for the military support and oil and gas support market in the South Atlantic. Stephen is also active in the community supporting various sporting clubs and is a member of the Public Accounts Committee.